February 14, 2013 – Team Event $400 per team
February 15, 2013 – Bounty Event $300
February 16, 2013 – Main Event $450
February 17, 2013 – Finals for the Bounty and Main Events
Total estimated Prize Pool over $250,000 (based on all events being sold out)
Team Event – February 14, 2013
Teams will be comprised of two members of whom one member must be eligible to participate in the Women’s Poker Classic. Each team will receive one seat in which the team members will alternate every level. Each member of the team will start with $2500; this amount can be combined to start the tournament or played separately as each member enters into their first round of play. This will be a freeze-out format where teams will be moved to new tables as the tournament field narrows until a winner is declared.
- Total estimated prize pool of $90,000 (based on a sold out event)
- Maximum of 250 teams
- Registration fee is $180 + $20 = $200 per individual member of the team or $400 per team. $180 will comprise the prize pool while $20 will be the administration portion.
- 5000 in starting chips per team with 20 minute levels
- Optional add-on may be purchased for $50 by each team for an extra $2000 in starting chips. Proceeds from the add-on will go to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Society.
Bounty Event – February 15, 2013
This event is slightly different than in previous versions, in the Bounty Event players will be collecting bounties throughout the first 2 rounds. It will be operated in the shootout format where each table will play down to the designated number of players who will advance to the next round. The tournament will progress in this manner until a final table is achieved and a winner is declared. Final table (Round 3) will be played on February 17, 2013 at 9:00am.
- Total estimated prize pool of $67,500 (based on a sold out event)
- Maximum of 250 participants
- Registration fee will be $270 + $30 = $300. $270 will comprise the Prize Pool while $30 will be the administration portion.
- 7500 in starting chips with 30 minute levels
- Shootout Format with $150 bounties offered throughout Rounds 1 &2
- Optional add-on may be purchased for $30 for an extra 1500 in chips. Proceeds from the add-on will go to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Society.
Main Event – February 16, 2013
This will operate as a Freeze-out format where players will be moved around to keep tables balanced. The tournament will continue in this manner until a winner is declared. The main event will play out until 10% of the tournament participants remain. Final table will be played on February 17, 2013 at 2:00pm and will start two levels prior to the last level from the previous day.
- Total estimated prize pool of $100,000 (based on a sold out event)
- Maximum of 250 participants
- Registration fee will be $400 + $50 = $450. $400 will comprise the Prize Pool while $50 will be the administration portion.
- 10,000 in starting chips with 40 minute levels
- Optional add-on may be purchased for $50 for an extra 2000 in chips. Proceeds from the add-on will go to support the Canadian Breast Cancer Society.
All events will start at 12:00 on the event day with the exception of the finals on February 17th.
Check-in and tournament registration will begin at 8:00am and end at 11:00am on the day of each event. Anyone not checked in by this time will sacrifice their seat in the tournament and will need to join the wait list in order to play unless they have already paid in full. For players who have already paid, they will be blinded out until they arrive or no chips remain in their seat.
In case there is a sold out event, a wait list will be started for that particular event. If there are cancellations, the wait list will be used to fill the event until 6:00pm Wednesday, February 13, 2013. On the day of the event if the event is still sold out, a new wait list will start at 8:00am with sign-ups done in person. At 11:30am, the wait list will be used to fill any vacant seats in the event. Players must be present at this time to play in the tournament.
Satellite tournaments will be offered in the poker room prior to the tournament and in the tournament area on first two event days only.
Blind and payout structures will be posted on the Cascades website in January.
All participants must have proper government issued photo ID and their BC Encore card or a valid GPEB number in order to check-in and play
Various stands will be available from sponsors to help support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
A silent auction will take place during the tournament with proceeds going towards the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
You can do your part to help support by going to Women’s Poker Classic to either donate or to help fundraise. Prizes will be awarded the top fundraisers prior to the start of the tournament February 14th at 12:00 including entry in the Main Event of the 2013 WPC.